This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
Last week, we talked briefly about our morning struggles with balancing breakfast with work, school and other obligations. We’re pretty easy-going about things since our kids don’t have to adhere to a school schedule and we work from home. Unfortunately, that flexibility leaves us often staggering our wakeup times so much that it’s nearly impossible to have a family breakfast in the morning. Not only that, but since our oldest son is an early riser and likes to eat right away, he normally has breakfast pretty early in the morning. Sometimes, he’s done with his breakfast before his brother even gets out of bed. And our youngest typically waits an hour or two after getting up before he’s really ready to eat anything.
I decided it was time to reclaim our mornings and improve our breakfasts. What better way to do it than the Carnation 7-Day Breakfast Challenge? It’s a great opportunity for me to bring the family together and reclaim our mornings with a nutritious breakfast no matter when our day starts! The 7-Day Breakfast Challenge asks participants to eat a better, more nutritious breakfast for 7 days. Starting today, we are taking that challenge. There are even breakfast missions you can complete throughout all of February (and there are prizes to be won, too!).
One of the best additions that I’ve found to pack more nutrition into our mornings is with Carnation Breakfast Essentials®. Not only does it come in three flavors that the whole family loves (chocolate, strawberry and vanilla), but it’s so much more than just a drink. For example, we’re packing a ton of extra nutrition into our favorite overnight oats by mixing up the chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials® with nut milk and using THAT to make our oats.
We’ve got two fabulous flavors that have been overwhelming hits in our house – Chocolate Covered Strawberry and Chocolate and Banana with Almonds. We call them our Essential Overnight Oats because I can put them together in minutes, then the kids can grab a jar WHENEVER they are ready to eat! I know they are getting their nutrition, and they still have the freedom to do their own thing.
I get Carnation Breakfast Essentials® at our local Sam’s Club because I can buy them in big boxes. We get 30 pouches per box there, so it lasts us a little while. I find them in the aisle with the syrup, peanut butter and jelly.
Is breakfast a challenge for your family? Why not try the Carnation 7-Day Breakfast Challenge yourself?
Ready to get started? Follow these easy steps:
- Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
- Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day!
- Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
- Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.
Are you looking for more ways to use Carnation Breakfast Essentials®? Check out their Facebook page! We’d love to hear about your favorite breakfasts – leave us a comment!
- 1 cup (8 oz) nut milk (we use almond milk)
- 1 packet Chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials®
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- ½ medium banana, diced OR ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- Combine the nut milk and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® packet to your blender. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add the oats and the milk to a glass jar, screw the top on and refrigerate it for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the lid in the morning and stir the oats. Add the almonds and the fruit, then dig in!