This post was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
I love tacos. Seriously – I’m a taco fanatic. As shells go, I’m pretty firmly in the crunchy camp, but that’s not to say that I don’t like the soft tortillas too. We actually try to have a taco night a couple of times a month, and lately I’ve been looking for ways to change that up. So, when I got the chance to sample the Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad kits, I knew that this was a great opportunity to do just that. After considering the many flavors that they sent me, I decided to use the Eat Smart Strawberry Harvest Vegetable Salad Kit to make Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Tacos.
I have to tell you, I’ve always been a bit skeptical about pre-packaged salad greens. They just never seem all that fresh to me. But when I read about how Eat Smart Vegetable Salad Kits were full of superfoods and were all chef-inspired, I was really excited to try them.
They come in five flavors:
- Eat Smart Strawberry Harvest Vegetable Salad Kit – This kit is packed with kale, beet greens, broccoli stalk, carrots and red cabbage, then it includes crispy quinoa, almonds, feta cheese and strawberry vinaigrette for topping.
- Eat Smart Sunflower Kale Vegetable Salad Kit – This salad kit has broccoli, cabbage, kale, chicory and roasted sunflower seeds with dried cranberries and honey dijon dressing.
- Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit – This salad mix includes savoy, red, and green cabbage, carrots and kale with cashews, sesame sticks and sesame dressing.
- Eat Smart Southwest Vegetable Salad Kit – This kit has a balance of southwest flavors with savoy cabbage, red cabbage, radishes, carrots, kale and corn along with chipotle dressing, tortilla strips and cheddar cheese.
- Eat Smart Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Kit – The flavors of kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chicory, roasted pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries balance nicely with the poppy seed dressing.
Admittedly, I was expecting the typical bagged salad mix. What I got was anything but that. Seriously, just look at how fresh and vibrant this stuff is (even after several days in the fridge!):
So, we all know that living well and being healthy starts with what we eat. With salad mixes like these, it’s easy to get all of those superfoods that your body really needs to be at its best. Not only that, they taste amazing. We tried all five of them, and I loved every one! While we ate most of them as salads with meals, the Strawberry Harvest Vegetable Salad Kit made amazing tacos. I marinated the chicken breasts in balsamic dressing and crushed garlic overnight, then cut them into strips. I sauteed the chicken strips and then put them into soft corn tortillas. The salad mix with the almonds, quinoa and feta was a perfect addition, then I added a little bit of shredded colby jack cheese as well. I topped the whole thing with the strawberry vinaigrette. It was AMAZING!
The one thing I couldn’t get over with these salad mixes was how crisp, fresh and crunchy the vegetables are. Without a doubt, this is a salad mix that I can get behind. Have you tried them yet? You can find them in a local store with the store locator on their website.
Not only that, but you can also participate in a giveaway from 9/16/16 through 10/7/16. The grand prize in the giveaway is ten AMEX gift cards for $50 plus a sample of each of the five salad kits. There’s still lots of time to get in on the entries and get your chance to win. Like Eat Smart on Facebook and sign up for their newsletter to follow the giveaway. I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (10).
- 2 chicken breasts, about ½-pound
- 1 bottle Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Eat Smart Strawberry Harvest Vegetable Salad Kit
- 4 ounces Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 corn tortillas
- Combine the Balsamic Vinaigrette and garlic in a bowl.
- Marinate the chicken in the dressing and garlic mixture overnight.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Heat olive oil in in a skillet over medium heat, then add the chicken until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken in the tortillas.
- Add the salad greens, crunchy toppings, feta and colby jack cheese.
- Drizzle the Strawberry Vinaigrette over the top of each taco right before serving.