If you like light and flavorful desserts, this frozen Mocha Meringue Torte is a great way to change things up and surprise your family or dinner guests. The meringue cookies and the frozen mocha cream filling combine to deliver big flavors while giving you a dessert that is rich and light. It is a little time consuming to make but if you are up for a challenge, give this recipe a try.
And don’t forget to come back and tell us what you think of it.
- 4 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon imitation vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 275 degrees.
- Cover several cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl until foamy.
- Beat in sugar, one teaspoon at a time, until the mix is stiff and glossy.
- Pipe meringue on to the cookie sheet in circles. For one large torte, pipe three six-inch circles. To create smaller, individual tortes, pipe 18 smaller circles so that you can create six three-tier desserts.
- Bake for 45 minutes then shut off the oven, leaving the meringues in the over with the door closed for 1 hour.
- Remove from over and let meringues cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients for mocha filling in a chilled mixing bowl and beat until stiff.
- Stack meringues, spreading mocha filling between each layer and on the top of each torte. Decorate with shave chocolate if desired.
- Place completed tortes in the freezer for at least three hours or until the filling on top is firm. Serve immediately upon removal from the freezer.